Salem will turn on the lights of the holiday display at Riverfront Park on Friday, paired with a reindeer viewing, holiday concert, free hot chocolate and cookies, carriage rides and a visit from Santa.
The celebration begins at 5 p.m. in front of the park’s Rotary Pavilion at 200 Water St. NE. The holiday lights will continue to light up Riverfront Park every night until Dec. 27.
City of Salem Parks Operations personnel have placed displays around the park with more than 4,000 individual LED lights.
Popular annual tradition:Hunt for holiday ornaments hidden on trails in Oregon’s Willamette, Umpqua national forests
Friday’s celebration will include:
- Reindeer viewing from 5-8 p.m.
- Holiday music beginning at 5 p.m.
- Free hot chocolate and cookies beginning at 5:15 p.m.
- Bells of the Cascades performance from 5:30-6:15 p.m.
- Free horse and carriage rides from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Santa visit from 6-8:30 p.m.
Reporter Whitney Woodworth covers city hall, economic development and business for the Statesman Journal. For questions, comments and news tips, email email@example.com, call 503-910-6616 or follow on Twitter @wmwoodworth.