Last night saw gale warnings, high sea warnings, and wind warnings across Oregon. Some of these warnings are still in effect tonight on December 27th, 2022 and into tomorrow December 28th, 2022. New warnings tonight include flood warnings and flooding along the coast and on several rivers.
Flood Warnings In Oregon Tonight December 27th, 2022
- Nehalem River near Foss, Grays River near Roseburg, Wilson river near Tillamook, Tualatin River near Dilley.
- Minor flooding is occurring and will continue late into the evening. Above 12 feet, minor flooding of low lying dairy and pasture land north and east of Tillamook expected, especially during high tides.
- Nehalem River near Foss, Grays river near Roseburg, Wilson River near Tillamook, Tualatin River near Dilley.
- Above 15 feet, minor flooding of low lying farmland and structures. This warning in effect until just after midnight tonight.
- Nehalem River near Foss, Grays River near Roseburg, Wilson River near Tillamook, Tualatin River near Dilley.
- Above 17.5 feet, several minor roads begin to flood and may be closed. Widespread lowland agricultural flooding occurs at this and higher stages.
- Portions of northwest Oregon and southwest Washington including Coast Range of Northwest Oregon and North Oregon coast, South Washington Coast and Willapa Hills in Washington.
- Slower responding rivers are still rising due to excessive rainfall and may reach flood stage later tonight or early on Wednesday December 28th, 2022.
- Other rivers at risk of flooding tonight and on Wednesday: South Yamhill at McMinnville, Mary’s River near Philomath, Trask River near Tillamook, and Siletz River at Siletz.
- Coquille River at Coquille.
- Flooding possible due to heavy rainfall.
- Coastal flooding on North Oregon Coast and Central Oregon Coast.
- Minor flooding up to one foot above ground level during high tide is expected along the immediate coast as well as low lying areas near bays, sloughs, and the lower reaches of coastal rivers. Expect breakers of 25 to 35 feet into this evening. West to Southwest Winds of 20-30 miles per hour with gusts up to 45 to 60 miles per hour.
- High surf warning along the coastlines and beaches of Curry, Coos, and Douglas counties until midnight tonight.
- Extremely large breaking waves will create hazardous conditions. Waves up to 34 feet will inundate beaches and surge into normally dry areas. Infrastructure damage and significant beach erosion can be expected.
High Wind Warnings In Oregon Tonight December 27th, 2022
Wind Advisories In Oregon Tonight December 27th, 2022
Stay up to date with the latest Oregon news with That Oregon Life.